Tuesday, July 30, 2013

excuse me while i fall for you

i was cleaning up today, listening to an old ipod that i had laying around and stumbled across a song that put the biggest smile on my face and here's why:
when mitch returned home from his mission, i was so nervous, i was nervous that at any moment i was going to screw things up and he'd realize what a loser i was and that he deserved a million times better. luckily for me that never happened! but mitch, being mitch - he taught me something without him even knowing it. 
i'm known to second guess, contemplate, and hesitate when it comes to making any sort of a decision. mitch came home, and i wanted everything to be laid out, planned, and to all make sense. something i didn't realize at the time was that love doesn't make sense, it happens without a guideline, and thats that. obviously i knew i loved mitch, but he had been away for two years and while it did nothing but strengthen us, my heart hurt for a solid 744 days and well like i said, i didn't want to screw it up, i didn't want to face that pain again. so in my head, i was constantly planning out things to say, or do and lets just say that it got old reeeeeeal fast. mitch had been home a good 4-5 days when he finally called me out on it. he told me to relax, to let things happen, and to let him in. to let him have my heart, my whole heart again and not hesitate while doing it. 
its funny, at the time i was almost annoyed that he knew me so well, like who does this guy think he is but i also knew that he was right. 
it wasn't until a few days later that i eventually did let go, and let things fall into place. we were on a date, i don't remember the specifics of who we were with, or what we were doing but there is one thing that i do remember and its this: we were running to avoid getting soaked by the rain and we jumped in the car shivering, and cold - we laughed, and then we looked at each other, in silence for what felt like a lifetime, my eyes began to water as i had a slideshow of every moment that we had been through running through my mind and it wasn't until a few moments later that without a sound, without a single movement.... i did it, i gave him my heart. he knew it too, he smiled the biggest goofy smile that i had ever seen and we knew, we knew that we had fallen in love all over again.


this song took me to that moment, when i stopped second guessing, i stopped contemplating, and i didn't hesitate.

No comments:

Post a Comment