Monday, June 23, 2014

I thought you'd be here by now / /

i've probably typed this blog post up 100 times by now. so if you're reading this, i somehow built up the courage to actually finish it.

i'm about to open up, and be a little more personal than i've ever been and i hope thats ok.

i huddled up into a ball in bed today and cried for hours. i finally built up the strength to stand up and shower, only to end up back in the same position as before. this happens more than i'd like to admit and to be honest, its one of the only things that can make me feel better. i have a pretty tough exterior, i like to pretend i'm tough, and can handle anything. but in the last two years there's one specific thing that can rip through that tough exterior, and bring out all of the emotions that i have. some of you probably know exactly what i'm talking about, but to those of you who don't.. mitch and i have struggled with fertility for the last two years. there are couples who struggle for 5+ years, and some who struggle for 6 months… the amount of time may be different, but the pain is probably pretty similar. it aches in your heart, and in your head. its one of those cards that was dealt that i honestly could have done without. 

some of the most common responses that i get from people are "it'll happen, give it time you're still so young" or "don't think about it so much and thats when it will happen" which for the first little while i took with a big, fat smile on my face, but its a little bit harder to hear those things now. i know that heavenly father knows us better than we know ourselves. he knows when the right timing will be, and i put all of the faith that i have in that. at the same time, it doesn't make it easier. its still something that is constantly on my mind, and something that i struggle with daily. don't get me wrong. i have the best, and i mean THE BEST support system. my family and friends, but especially my husband. he is constantly reassuring me that i'll be a mother, and that i'll be a 'damn good one at that' he makes me so, so happy.

i'm fortunate enough to have two nieces and two nephews to hold me over for the time being. i find pure happiness in those rugrats, and i'm the luckiest auntie in the world! let me tell you a little story: i was having a less than good day, so just like any other time when i need my back tickled and a shoulder to cry on, i'm reaching for my momma. i headed into my parents house, with tears rushing down my cheeks i ran from room to room looking for my mom, who i found downstairs playing with my oldest niece and nephew. ryan was making a friendship bracelet, and reggi was playing with his favorite truck. my mom looked up at me and immediately stood up and hugged me as i just weeped in her arms. it was one of those moments where not a word was spoken, yet she knew exactly what was wrong. after what felt like a year being embraced in her arms, i pulled away to run to the bathroom and try to pull myself together, drying my eyes and blowing my nose (i know… SO cute) i heard knocking on the other end of the bathroom door, i opened the door to two of the cutest faces i've ever seen. both reggi and ryan immediately wrapped their arms around each of my legs, both telling me "you're going to be a mommy soon dany, we promise". there it was, all the work i just did to try and pull myself together went out the window, immediate tears as i bent down and pulled them both into my arms for the tightest, most genuine hug i have ever gotten. like i said, THE BEST support system around.

or like this last month when it came time for us to see if the negative sign would become a positive. having the majority of the symptoms of an early pregnancy i was pretty confident. i gave it a few more days just to be sure and to see if there would be any changes, that friday i took the test. waiting for the test results is the absolute worst.. i just sit there and sike myself out with things like… "ok, if i am how am i going to tell mitch, but i'm not, i know i'm not pregnant. but wait, if i am i can actually start eating like the inner fatty that i am. but i'm not pregnant, i know it" all while pacing back and forth, with the occasional glance over at the test. few minutes go by, and then there it is, the 'not pregnant' result… i'm usually ok for a few minutes, try to find something else to do, repeatedly saying 'i told you so' in my head, trying to act like my heart wasn't just broken into a million pieces. then it sinks in, and were back to square one. i cry for hours. then when i'm sick of myself being a baby, i slide off the bed and get on my knees and have a few words with the man upstairs. i'm upset, and bummed, and disappointed but i know that he can comfort me and give me the strength and patience to stride forward.

i guess the point that i'm trying to make is that, yes, this sucks. its crappy, and i really hate water proof mascara, so i'd prefer the tears stop. but at the end of the day when i kneel down and pray and ask my savior to give my babes a kiss on the forehead, tell them that i love them, and that can't wait to meet them.. i feel comfort. i feel warmth. i know that one day, whether that be here on earth, or up in heaven, that i will be blessed with children, with a family of my own and that alone is worth fighting for.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Dany! You are such a strong lady! Keep your chin up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danyelle,

    Not sure if you know but I too have been going through this. It's almost been four years and at this point, I've become numb. I went through a very dark time and somehow got through it. I've literally paid the price trying to bring my child on this earth. I've cried many tears, screamed, and pleaded to my father in heaven to give me a child. I've written posts like this to just delete it. I've taken too many pregnancy tests for my own good. I've gone through tests and so has my husband and yet no answer. It seems to just be that " t" word that I hate so much: time. I know what hire going through my dear. I won't tell you it will get easier. What I will tell you is that IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT. Regardless of what you may think, he is not punishing you. It may not be enough (it's not for me at times) but he truly has a plan for you. YOU! You are already a great mother. If you have questions and need advice, you know where to find me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My beautiful daughter in law! My heart hurt as I read this. I honestly don't know what to say! I feel deep in my soul that you and Mitch will have grandbabies! I won't say the things you don't want to hear so I won't! Just know that I'm hear if you need me! Loves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing... From the moment I could talk I just knew I was put on the earth to be a mom... I tried for years and it just didnt happen for me... if I think about it for too long i can get sad, very sad BUT no matter what is happening I know I can get on my knees and I feel better. I may not know his plan right now but i take comfort in knowing one day I will. Ill pray for you. Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry about what you and Mitch have to go through. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. I love you and Mitch so much and wish I knew what to say or do to help you even the slightest bit. For now I will just say I am thinking of you both and praying for you as well. Love you!
    Love Heather price

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not a single doubt that you will be a mother one day. I look forward to the day that you just need a break from the trials that come with being a mother and we can look back at this time and laugh and hug and remember what life is all about. You will be the best mother on the planet, but even you will need a break and momma will be right there to give you that break and spoil my grandchildren. I love you so much

    ReplyDelete