Saturday, February 1, 2014

DARIENNE & DEVIN WEDDING

Today, I was casually looking through Facebook and stumbled across some of my good friend Darienne's wedding pictures, I was clicking through them with a GIANT smile on my face because well how could I not? She seems SO happy, and deserves to be. As I was clicking through them, I kept thinking to myself, dang! she looks flawless - her dress, her hair, her makeup... and it hit me! Darienne was easily one of my favorite clients. I don't know why it has taken me SO long to finally get some pictures up and show you guys some of the work that I've done, but by golly I'm doing it now alright? I was so fortunate to be able to work with Darienne, and I had fun doing it! I've known this family for years, and they've always been so welcoming and loving to me, which made it all worth while, but especially hard to get my work done when they had me constantly laughing, and reminiscing on old times. It's a miracle we ever got her to the wedding after all the tears from laughing so hard.


after talking to Darienne, it was simple. she wanted a natural look that highlighted her eyes, and made her face appear flawless. aaaaand this is the combination of products that we used to do just that: 

Face:
I'm obsessed you guys! Its easy to assume that the higher the cost, the better the foundation, which in some cases may be true… but not this one. This foundation is one of those where the longer you wear it, the better. Its long lasting, and it gives you a flawless finish, perfect for brides. I applied this using my Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush
Concealer: MAC Pro-Long Wear
I applied this using my Sigma P84 Precision Angled Brush under her eyes to brighten up the look and also to cancel out any dark circles
Contour: Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder 
Using my MAC 109 Small Contour Brush I lightly applied this to her cheek bones, her jaw line and gently applied to the sides of her nose adding dimension to her face.
Blush: MAC DollyMix
Taking my Bobbi Brown Blush Brush, I applied this softly to her cheeks giving her a pop of color.
Lips: e.l.f. Matte Lip Color in Praline
This was the perfect color for D, it was one of those 'color of your lips but even better' colors, giving her the perfect pout for her pictures.

Eyes: 
using my fingers I applied MAC Painterly Paint Pot to the entire lid, this will make your eyeshadow stick, also avoiding creasing.

we chose to go with the Urban Decay Naked Palette for her eye look.
using the E60 Brush from Sigma I applied Virgin over the entire lid
using the MAC 217 Eyeshadow Blending Brush I applied Naked to the crease, using a windshield wiping motion, going back and forth until it blended.
and then applied Buck in the outer corner using the same brush.
I then took the Sigma E40 Blending Brush and blended over the entire eye to blend all of the colors together to avoid harsh lines, and giving it a more effortless look
for eyeliner, we stuck with the long lasting Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink using the Sigma E05 eyeliner brush, we went with a thin line on the lid, and then added liner to the water line and a smidge to the lower lash line.

Lashes:
Darienne didn't want to commit to eyelash extensions, but didn't like the look of the eyelash strips either, she wanted this natural, so it was easy for me to recommend we try the Ardell Individual Eyelashes we went with long on the outer corner, and medium for the rest of the eye. I applied the lashes using the Duo Lash Glue in Dark

Brows:
 using my E65 Angled Brush I lightly filled her brows with MAC eyeshadow in Espresso

Finishing up:
I dusted some MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural in Medium over her entire face to set the foundation, and then once that had set we spritz'd some Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray  to give her that dewy bridal glow, and to leave her makeup set for the entire night! 

aaaand Voila! 



I love that these two found each other and are able to now, be together for all eternity. I love you Dar, and thank you SO much for letting me be a part of your big day! 

loves

3 comments:

  1. i love you. we love you. you are so talented my dear friend. you better know you'll be beautifying me and dal up on our big days as well. if mine ever comes. look forward to it. your our go to girl. love you sweet girl. --sheridan olivas

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous! And they look perfect together. I was actually looking for a wedding dress just like this for myself. My wedding is this year and I have finalized a beautiful event space for my wedding ceremony. I am also very excited about the pre-wedding photoshoot.

    ReplyDelete