Saturday, February 2, 2013

the big two-seven

my parents celebrated being married for 27 years yesterday, now i don't know about you, but to me that's pretty remarkable.


i'm so blessed. 


i was raised by two of the most humble, loving, yet tough, and stubborn people and to say that they inspire my marriage, and push me to fight for what i want in this life is an understatement.


they have that kind of love that you thrive for, that you need and luckily for me, i found that at age 14.

my parents too, met at a young age and fell in love and to this day fall more and more in love with each other, and they don't have to tell me that either. i see it, i feel their love when they hold hands at the movies, or simply look at each other, hell even when i sneak over to their house for some family bonding only to find my mom is snoring my dad in, while they sleep.

momma -

-- i love that you still make dad kiss you before he goes to work and right before bed each night.
-- i love that you taught me to fight for what i want, and to never give up.
-- i love that you still sing "families can be together forever" every time anyone is fighting.
-- i love that you're my bestest girl friend. i tell you everything, and you never judge me for it.
-- i love that you would do anything for anyone, including people that you hardly know.
-- i love that you sat along beside me on my journey of love and were cheering us on the whole time.
-- i love that you brought me into this life, and raised me to be the woman that i am today.
-- i love that you know just what to do to calm me down, when i'm upset.
-- i love that you need your family. that's important.
-- i love that you are the most amazing mom, wife, daughter, sister, grandma, & friend.
-- i love that you are my mother. and for that i'm eternally grateful.

daddy -

-- i love that you are the rock to our family and that you hold us together.
-- i love that you always taught me to never quit, and to always push through.
-- i love that you would do anything for your family and that you put us first.
-- i love that you took me on road trips growing up and introduced me to rock & roll
-- i love that you allow me to be your little girl.
-- i love that you call me just to make sure that i'm alright just cause we haven't talked in a while.
-- i love that you take everything in this life (bad or good) with a smile on your face. i look up to that.
-- i love that you spend your days off with your family, no matter what.
-- i love that you taught me the game of softball.
-- i love that you are the most amazing father, husband, son, brother, grandpa, & friend.
-- i love that you are my father. and for that i'm eternally grateful.


thank you for being the most amazing parents a girl can have, and for putting up with each other for this long.

i love you.






xoxo -- D

No comments:

Post a Comment