Sunday, November 6, 2011

CHANGE

"anyone can give up, its the easiest thing in the world to do. but to keep going when the going gets tough... thats true strength"

at age seventeen i was about to experience the biggest change in my life. I was about to say goodbye to the most important person, the one person that my life, and everything in it revolved around. i was about to say goodbye to my bestfriend.

Mitch served his mission in Omaha, only 13 hours away from me. i could have easily hopped in my car or taken the first flight and believe me, i was easily tempted EVERYSINGLEDAY. but in the long run, neither of us could have been more blessed. i had my senior year to look forward to, i lived up every minute of it that i could, with that being said i missed him more & more as the days went on. i had to fill the warmth of his hugs with a letter i recieved that week, the strength he gave me with an email, and a kiss with a package. it wasn't easy, but it WAS worth it.

to those of you that don't know..

i've loved this boy since i was fourteen years old.

to this day, i'm still not entirely sure what it was that got me, but ooooh he got me. lucky for me, he never let go. it's hard to believe that after two years, he's home.. it's almost like he never left, and i'm so grateful to have him in my life.


"when i count my blessings, i count you twice" 


if it wasn't for the lovey dovey movies and music i had to rely on, i'm not sure i would have made it. if i had a dime for everytime my friends or family caught me in a room with a gallon of ice cream, watching some love sap movie, i'd be a billionare. it saved me. its easy to say that i was that way before he left, always in tune with my movies and music, but it wasn't until after he left that i gained true meaning through every song lyric, and every quote from a movie. i'm a HUGE cheese-ball. always have been. i have him to thank for that.



Always&Forever





No comments:

Post a Comment